As promised, here's the first installment of Homecoming Hair.
I tried to come up with styles that were just plain awesome as well as easy to replicate either on yo'self or a friend. This first look features three small french braids along the side of the head and soft romantic waves. It's a bit Veronica Lake meets Rihanna and lemme just say, I dig it.
- create a deep side.
- follow the line of the part down the back of the skull, curving slighty toward the ear.
- section off three small horseshoe shaped chunks radiating out from the ear.
- Clip the upper two sections up and out of the way.
- begin to french braid the section closest to the ear.
- tie it off with a small rubber hair tie.
- french braid the next two sections.
- curl the remaining hair.
- spritz with hairspray.
-Make sure the hair falling closest to the face is curled outward from the head. This will add drama as well as keeping it from falling in your eyes.
-With either your fingers or a wide tooth comb, run through the curls to loosen their shape.
-If the braid ends are visible, pin them along the nape of the neck
Pair with a killer smoky eye and red lip. Bonus if you're wearing all black and fierce heels.
You're gonna be smokin'.
Shoutout to my roommate Brenly for being such a killer model and a big thank you to Martha for taking these photos.